When Napoleon invaded Russia in 1812 the commander in chief General Mikhail Kutuzov, asked for help from Our Lady of Kazan (the mother of God according to the Russian orthodox religion). After Russian defeated the army of Napoleon, the Russians recognizing the divine help renamed the majestic church on the Nevsky Prospekt to Kazan Cathedral which became known as the Cathedral of Our Lady from Kazan. The war hero, General Kutuzov was buried in this church in 1813. The impressive cathedral of 69 meters height was built in 1801 and its construction took 10 years.
Photo taken at Kazan Cathedral, Saint Petersburg